Sunday, March 30, 2008

One Night @ Hospital (A dream date come true)

Well originally this is a poem on a real event. However, i never thot of writing on this untill sukalyan gave me the same totally same theme as his dream date. Then i did realise the time i spent is actually a dream for loads... and was for me as well, untill luck made me live it. Hmm... at start i wanted to write a neutral one so that i may include everything as per sukis description, however after wasting almost 12 sheets of paper i started to write the real events. The feelings were just not their... the words did rhyme in all attepts but the read was empty....... no inner feelings. This one, the real one looked expressive and so is here.......


Kindly read and comment...... waiting for everyones comments:-

One night @ Hospital
[A Dream Date Come True]

One night when it rained,
Memories of which are quite unstained.
I can’t forget one moment of it.
A dream date, I must admit.

That night in a city newly established,
Population was sparse and people just vanished.
But this cute classmate was stuck,
Tending a sick friend, I know that did suck.

Somehow, I was forced into joining her,
Reluctantly I sat waiting for the dawn to appear.
Of all the things, my sleep was more important.
Hell! My dream girl shall be waiting by her tracking camp tent.

I never knew nor dreamt of this night to turn in a legend,
Where; I may go on to live a dream from start to end.
I sat their skulking inside,
With a fake smile plastered outside.

Hours passed away sitting in a boring room,
My cute classmate was shy as if I am her newly wed Groom.
That silence was giving me a boring death,
But her wish for coffee, brought new life on barren earth.

It was very late at night,
As both of us passed rooms, very quiet.
Hospital canteen was our stop,
But the sitting room had a lock.

Purchasing coffee we wandered to the lawn,
Sitting on grass, I noticed we are lone.
A deep breath, and I realized,
The beauty of night that left me enticed.

Smelling the wet mud in fresh air,
A cool breeze now and then, playing with my hair.
Raising my chin, I noticed the dark sky,
Dimly lit, by stars and moon, as black clouds fly.

Was it the beauty of night,
Or charm of breeze or moon light.
I don’t know, but both of us were now talking,
And where it may lead, none of us seemed to be caring.

I looked at her now and then,
Avoiding, a complete stare stance.
Ah! She was so pretty,
And nature seemed to compliment her beauty.

My eyes got frozen at the show,
Put up by dancing locks as breeze passes above, slow.
Bright eyes complimented those dark manes,
Like a night sky with two moons, arranged in a single plane.

I wanted to sit and watch her for eternity,
Wondering, is it just her or the magic of night’s beauty.
Last sip and coffee finished,
Staying out of that wretched room was my only wish.

Somehow God seemed to be listening,
And she asked if we can do some walking.
The sky was already drizzling lightly,
Cupids shedding love scents, seemed likely.

Getting attracted more and more,
I lost track of time chore.
Admiring her moves as she walk and speak,
I missed a pothole that gave a sudden tweak.

Balancing my staggering,
I found us in a clearing.
Closed shops all around,
Both of us drenched as heavy rain drops pelted the ground.

That is when I realized,
She was equally enticed.
As both of us were dripping wet,
And have walked for 2.5 Km. net.

18 comments:

Sukalyan said...

When will I live that moment :(

The last 3 stanzas!

Unknown said...

hahaha a cute one...:)

Shruti said...

Yeah, its pretty cute! I like the theme. Maybe you can write a second part telling what happened next? If you asked her out or something?

Sukalyan said...

The good thing about this is it ends in an incomplete way, enjoy the suspense!

anshul said...

the best one in all:D\




khade khade

Jigna Patel said...

oh my god..that's so cute!...totally adorable..especially..
"Bright eyes complimented those dark manes,

Like a night sky with two moons, arranged in a single plane"

you're good.!!

Prashant said...

Just one word comes to my mind.

WOW!

Unknown said...

very sweet indeed
another gem of our collection

Unknown said...

Very dramatic writing...Really nice... sweet and flowing... full of charm and gentleness. I so want to be there in that place. :)

However, I believe there's a lot missing. This appears to be either the end of a poem or the beginning, and I want to encourage you to find out which. Let me know, because I would love to read it. :P

Also, thinking back there were a few rough sentences near the beginning of the piece. Might I suggest reading it over yourself (outloud) just to make sure?

Thanks for the good writing!

Unknown said...

ye jahanvi khud ko kya samajhti hai :O


poem expert:D



khade khade

Unknown said...

This really is a gem of a poem. I liked the simple smooth sailing.

chicky said...

very gud one .. like it :)

The Imposter said...

That is a very nice poem Varun, very very few people get to realize and really live their dream. The best part about the poem ,if I understood right, is that you never let the end known to anyone, both of you walked , when it was raining, dude , seriously sometimes the end dosent matter , the story which u lived drives the end into oblivion .
I just want to tell you whether you lived with her a moment or a million lives, you lived thats important and you have brought it out very nicely , simple , melliflous and comely description of a Cherubic Infatuation . You won mate.

Two small lines I wud love to add

A life I lived,ragged without you
A dream I dreamt with my eyes a wet way.
You thrust hope to my wounded soul,
Tears flow till the dreams were taken away .
but you stay , but you stay.

Sush said...

Hours passed away sitting in a boring room,

My cute classmate was shy as if I am her newly wed Groom.

^^

cute lines ... [:d]

well , Yet n another beautiful creation if urs... U rock ;)

Unknown said...

dear varun...it is simply awesome.. i m really spellbound by simplicity and beauty of ur poem. all d best

Unknown said...

there were too many things similar when i had my first evening out with my bf...including the hospital[:p]

its just great to be with someone u love or like... bcoz these r the moments to live for....there is nothing like being in love...

jyoti said...

this is very nice especially the way of complimenting the beauty of the girl is too beautiful and there is still a suspense wat will happen next

Ritu said...

This is something kind of wonderful !