Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Style!


It's festive season,
and I bumped in an old, forgotten friend;
or rather, he found me,
while shopping on a road-side stand.

I flipped around,
to find a familiar smiling face,
the name to which, I still
can't recall.

He was dressed so properly,
and I wore a meager Bermudas,
with a stupid Tee.
He shot it a glace,
and shook my hand.

As the initial rounds
of wishing and inquiring died,
he asked me about my fends;
a problem, about which I am still uncertain.

And as if, that wasn't

embarrassing enough,
he went to put forth,
this mighty riddle:-


"I heard you are a poet,
so temme, my friend Varun,
what kind of poetry, you produce,
and what is the style that you use?"

The question was simple,
yet, to me sounded as a riddle.
I am neither an expert,
nor a professional,

I write for me,
and personal reasons.
I don't know the harsh,
tones of rhyme,
nor I understand the
boring concepts of mater.


I didn't study the
art of creation,
I never learned to ornate,
any words, phrase or syllable.

I know no formal rules,
nor formats.
I know no trends,
nor patterns.

I was neither raised an artist,
nor formally educated,
and I follow no set parameters

or rules.

Then, it hit me like
a bolt from the blue.

Yes, I don't follow any rules,
and I am not bound to any other issues.

I write what I want,
I write what I feel,
and I express my emotions,
that's my only zeal.

I give no damn to any
obligations,
my pen and paper are my wings,
my token to freedom.

A smile played on my lips,
as I parted them,
with personal pride and glory,
saying, "'Free Style' is what I pen."

9 comments:

Sukalyan said...

I never really liked poems and don't like them now also, however, I can read your poems and like them because it doesn't have that blah blah concepts and formats :P

Mahesh Aadhya Kalal said...

I know no formal rules,
nor formats.
I know no trends,
nor patterns.....

simply loved it and i mean it.....
Keep evolving and keep expressing...

vineet said...

I didn't study the
art of creation,
I never learned to ornate,
any words, phrase or syllable.

and still deleiveed such a commemorabl..awesum man

beerboy said...

see give damn to nerds...and those who find styles and formal patterns in your ways, it's just that they are still stuck to that, they are kinda people who would say "why this has happened to me" when some things happens to them, there are other kinda people who would just imagine and say why not(of course this is a saying of Kennedy)

SSaun said...

awesome as always :P :)

CK said...

A smile played on my lips,
as I parted them
good

Unknown said...

dats like my bro i know varun cant be confined to a particular style or a rule...nothing can stop u n everything gives you a new way to think that is the best part about you that you don't restrict your thoughts n feelings...nice poem bro

Suraj said...

Hi varun !
Nice Poem
.........

Varun said...

Thanxx to all you guys for ur valuable comments and compliments. I will try to keep up the things.. and will try to keep posting as and when I can. Thanks to all.