Thursday, July 31, 2008

Me and Life!!!


hmmm... just a thought that crossed my mind... and while thinking and pondering i was scribbling on paper........ and this is what came out[:p]





I am no good,

as useful as rotten wood.
People hate me to the core,
acknowledgment of which turns me sore.

Pathetic i feel,
racking my brain in zeal.
Just to find a way,
to get approved in anyway.

Simple are the methods,
yet i fear the efforts.
Forget yourself, your opinions,
first way, suggests to live like minions.

Thank god, trust in his word,
second way, that actually fucked this world.
Study more get good grades,
third way that ain't of any aid.

Get a job, work like slave,
fourth way, failed on realization of being enslaved.
Now i have no way,
do not know what to say.

My life seems so stuck,
Anchored fast in a pool of muck.
Darkness all over me, I can see,
Eyes wide open i search for anything heavenly.

A shard of light,
or a faint glint.
But pitch black darkness,
swallows the inner calm and peace.

Restless i feel,
overwhelmed by amount of time to kill.
Settle is not the word for me,
Stopping for anyone or anything is not my key.

Keep moving is what i do,
only to return where from i started to.
Clueless, trackless, direction-less, that is me,
i search a path to be free.

I see now that i am trapped in a maze,
the game of life, does amaze.
Nobody gave me the correct compass,
but as a looser i would never board the doomsday bus.

Sometime, someway I'll find a way,
to mark my presence in the world we stay.
Someday all odds i shall defy,
win with the charm, that none can deny.

8 comments:

My existence said...

:)


Simple and beautiful.

Sukalyan said...

your life is so much like mine
thoughts on it exactly alike
waiting for time to come, so that I find a way
but it never come any day, any way

:O

:P

Bear with my poor poetry :P

Everything, every single thing I can relate to my life, the last 4 lines also!

chicky said...

aarey wah didnt know u write too

very well done :)

...ritika.... said...

I wanted to read your poem as a piece of work and give my inputs into it but I cudnt when Suki told me that it describes his life.

Keep writing Varun :)

Jigna Patel said...

awesome ya!... :D
too good!!
it's like right on the mark!
noone can deny whatever you wrote!
bullseye!!

Unknown said...

You are too good at rhyming thingy :)...nd yeaa some really nice realisation over there :)

The Imposter said...

Hey Varun Shourie here dude

Your poem is nice infact sounds so lucid and well flowing , but dude just a small advise as a fellow poet , it is not just the rhyming but the emmotion that has to come to the surface . No doubt you have expressed a message clearly , but it could have been much better , and yeah you are a Good Poet , much better than what you are at flirting . So Kudos mate

Shourie

Sush said...

Sometime, someway I'll find a way,
to mark my presence in the world we stay.
Someday all odds i shall defy,
win with the charm, that none can deny.


^^^^
Hats Off Dude .. U rock !!

M ur fan ;)