Saturday, January 6, 2007

I was a Coward!!!

Oh!!! Lord….
I remember, I was a Coward.
I planned, wrote, and learned.
Yet, I couldn’t speak straight forward.

I practiced, corrected and reworked,
my script looked adamant yet sobered.
But, I was a Coward,
I couldn’t speak a word.

She waited and always heard,
said – “I always cared.”
Maybe she knew I always leered,
as she waited too long for my word.

But I was a Coward,
I never gave the word.
She got the signal,
I am pathetic, shy and incorrigible.

Along came an intrepid pal,
set eyes on the same gal.
Setting a discord at my part,
that gratuitous glib stole her heart.

As they walked in euphoria,
she threw me parsimonious plethora.
And I didn’t said a word,
for I was a Coward.

Tears drained, heart cried.
A destitute desultory died.
A shy esoteric me, extemporize,
reborn as a guy to familiarize.

For now I say – “I am not a Coward Amigo,
if she went, let her go……
along went the days of a Git,
now here’s a flirt, no gal can forget.”

2 comments:

Aparna Vittal Dhas said...

Brilliant piece

I think this is the best of the three!


Reborn as a guy to familiarize. For now I say – “I am not a Coward Amigo, If she went, let her go…… Along went the days of a Git, Now here’s a flirt, no gal can forget.”



*APPLAUSE*

Those lines are perhaps the best anyone can come up with!

Jigna Patel said...

ALL PLEASE RAISE FOR THE PRO....now i know where all that flirting is comming from!!..good work ...should i say amigo???..ha ha ha...